It’s a new year. For awhile, I always thought new year resolutions were useless. Just another set of goals that are only made because of a perspective “we” place on time. And because those goals are only created for that perspective, most of them never get realized.
But, as I started thinking about it, perspective or not, it’s still “fun” to come up with things you’d like to do. So, in short, here are mine:
** Top ** – This doesn’t even receive a number. I need to get right with myself and Christ. To read the word as often as I can, and above all else, Practice the word on a daily basis! I have the faith, now I just need the wisdom.
- More blogging – I’ve really let my blogs (both professional and personal) fall to the wayside. I’d like to get back to writing more. It’s January 2nd….. this is a good start, eh?
- Photography – As I was learning with Tammy on photography back in 2009, I stumbled upon HDR, and I was hooked. I just love HDR photography, and really want to do more with it in 2011. My initial feeble attempts just sucked. Don’t know what HDR photography is? Here is a brief description, and here is an example. I’ve got the camera to do it, the software to run it, and the hardware to support it. Now, I just gotta DO IT!! Plus, it’s one thing I can do with my wife *together* that we both enjoy.
- Running – This isn’t a goal to do more running…. it’s a goal to learn how to “love” running. I really love the aspects of running. Nature. Scenery. Music. Serenity. Good Health. The “good” feeling you get after the “runner’s high”. Now, I just have to get past the whole, “I really hate running”… thing. 🙂
- Procrastination – Or, lack thereof. I know, I know. Surprised? Shouldn’t be. Took me 3 years before I finally wrote this one down. 🙂 (and notice, it’s near the bottom?) I cant really list Procrastination, but put it at the top, can I? That would be a paradox and the end of the universe as we know it! Well, it may get to that, before I check this one off.
- The rest is just hobby stuff. Getting my Salt Water aquarium up to snuff, electronic circuit builds, home automation, woodworking, programming, etc.